Friday, February 2, 2007

Sports Lunatic Strikes Again!




Now my mother-in-law has defined me as a "Sports Lunatic".. which I will not deny this fact.. The pictures above represent about a month of planning, and alot of luck.. My buddy Elvis is the biggest Dallas Stars Fan there is.. So when Christmas time came around.. My buddy Pat and I were trying to figure out what we should get him.. Pat works for the Stars, he runs a proshop at one of the centers here.. Pat calls me and tells me that he got an "AllStar" Helmet in.. because the AllStar game was here this year.. He said it was pretty slick.. I said ok.. we can do that.. Then I said "wouldnt it be cool if we could get it signed by the 4 Stars that are on the ballot this year.. Zubie, Modono, Turco, and Morrow.. He said.. it would be, but I cant ask for autographs, being an employee... He then said.. they have open practice here.. you can stand in line, and see what you can get.. I said that will work.. just tell me when.. So I took the day off work, and headed to Frisco to meet Pat at 8:30 am.. So we meet.. and then quickly realize we didnt have a sharpie.. so we ran over to Target and picked one up, along with a cup of coffee... Head back over to the rink.. Then I get a call, my assistant lost her keys to the office, so we had to run back down to Dallas.. About a 30 minute drive.. Unlock the office.. Then off we go back to Frisco.. We sat and watch the Stars practice.. which was very cool.. I wandered out to the area where the players will be leaving the locker room.. to secure a spot.. I stood in line for about 2 hours.. and am glad to report that we won the good fight.. I got 24 of 26 signatures on this helmet.. Now remember... I was only after 4.. I must say, as this helmet started filling up.. I began to drool.. and ponder keeping the helmet for myself.. Pat derailed that train of thought rather quickly.. We leave practice.. and I head to my card shop that I frequent to buy a case.. I get this helmet home.. I then have StaCee wrap up the case and then the helmet.. Pat arrives.. We call Elvis.. Elvis comes over, and we give him the case to unwrap.. He looks at it.. and must be thinking.."What the hell is this"?? Then we give him the helmet.. he unwraps it, and is speechless.. Then the tears come.. He first thought we bought the helmet.. Then we tell him that we stood in line to get this signed for him.. He still cant believe, along with all the people standing in line, that we would do that for him.. He has already been told that he will be getting sticks of gum as Christmas presents from us for the next 5 years

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to tell me you haven't gotten those last two autographs yet??? YEESH!

:)

The Bare Nessecities said...

No Bat, I have not gotten the other two, for fear that I will be mugged for the helmet! lol.. If Elvis wants the other 2 signatures.. he can damn well get them himself!!!! lol

Anonymous said...

oh why the hate on E-Dawg. LOL
besides if i asked nice enough when you go again i KNOW you would. ;-)

The Bare Nessecities said...

Not hating on you E.. But you didnt see the chop smackin over that helmet while I was out there.. it was like a pack a lions that just spotted some prey on horizen! lol..

Anonymous said...

Y'all are demented! :)