Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A fathers worst nightmare!


At some point over the years from when I was a kid, until the time I grew up and became a father.. I must have missed this fashion trend.. While shopping over the Christmas holidays with my wife and mother-in-law at a mall near our house.. My daughter discoverd a store named Libby Lu.. It seems they do "makeovers".. or atleast thats what they are calling it.. This store is aimed at little girls ages 8-12 .. So the wife, mother-in-law, and daughter venture in.. look around.. and come home with a little brochure of the diffrent makeovers they offer at this store.. Of course Cheyenne has to have one.. She was told that if she came up with the half the price a makeover.. we would cover the other half.. Well with it being Christmas.. the checks come pouring in for her. *sigh* We load up, and head over to the mall.. Walk into this store.. I about fell over when I saw what some little girls were being made up to look like.. Now I consider myself somewhat of an open minded father.. still being young enough to remember what "cool" is.. my first thought "OH HELL NO" I would let my child out of the house looking like any of these girls.. not gonna happen.. So we walk up to the counter.. and find out that we have to make an appointment.. Appointment?? are you serious?? now keep in mind Cheyenne has to have one of the makeovers.. So we make the appointment.. we wander around the mall.. hit a few stores to buy the wife goodies for her birthday.. and come back for the appointment.. I dont think that I would have picked this makeover out, but Cheyenne wanted it.. I like to consider myself a rock.. you know the kind of father that puts his foot down and doesnt budge.. Here is the picture to prove just what kinda of rock I am!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup... my bouncy rock :)

The Bare Nessecities said...

shhh.. your not supposed to tell anyone..

Unknown said...

She looks thrilled.

hehe

Anonymous said...

What she looks like is a hootchie mama! sigh....