Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My computer is meeting its maker!

My computer is in route back to its maker! My cd/dvd rewriter went out.. it seems that no one in the city of Dallas works on Gateways anymore.. oh well.. good thing it was still under warranty.. lol. So I bought my laptop last January.. Went to a local BestBuy.. decided on the computer.. it was taken up front and was paid for.. About a year later.. the drive starts to have problems.. I took it back to another local BestBuy.. Only to find out that the moron that sold it to me didnt put me in the system.. so there is no record of me buying it.. and of course I can not find the reciept.. So I call the number given to me by one of the BestBuy staff.. only to be told.. Im sorry.. without the reciept number I can find your warranty info.. *sigh*.. Feeling like I am going around in circles.. I go back to the local BestBuy and start the process all over.. I spoke to the "Customer Satisfaction Yo-Yo" at the store.. I told him the store # I bought the computer at, the amount of the ticket within $20, and I also told him the time of the sale within 15 minutes.. Knowing that he could go to his little computer and go through the reciepts on the computer and find my reciept.. I was asked how did I pay for the computer.. I then told him "I paid cash".. I was told, and I cant believe I was told this "You should have paid for the item with my credit card".. HUH? He told me I would then be in the system.. and he could find my reciept.. I then replied.. if the salesperson had done there job, and put me in the system when I made a "major purchase" then I would be in the system.. If I put it on my credit card.. I would pay interest on something I could just pay cash for! Well feeling like I was going no where at a breakneck pace... Another manager came up and so here we go again.. this manager took me over to a computer and started going through reciepts for a 2 week span of when I bought the computer.. She then asked me for my contact info, because she feared this was going to take awhile.. I can say that when I asked her "is this a tactic to get me to leave the store" she got a laugh outta that.. she said no.. I promise you I will find this.. So giving her my info.. I left.. feeling beat down from the whole morning, I went back to my office.. about 20 minutes later.. I got a call.. It was her.. and she had found my reciept.. Long story short.. My laptop is on its way to its maker to be repaired.. and all is great.. *Morale of the story* Hold on to your reciept.. or pay for a major purchase on your credit card.. so you will be in the system! LOL.. Also if you have a problem.. pray someone at the store actually wants to do thier jobs!!! lol

No comments: